Perfect for journalists, writers, marketers, researchers and more.
This course will teach you how to conduct an interesting and revealing interview.
SMALL COURSE SIZES | JOURNALISM EXPERTS | PROFESSIONAL TRAINING | LONDON LOCATION
Learn To Interview | Training Course
Interviews vs conversations
• How interviews and conversations differ
• Developing an effective interview technique
Preparing for an interview
• Essential preparation
• What to research and how to research it
Discovering the angle
• Choosing an angle for the interview
• Establishing credibility and building rapport
• Structuring your questions
• Maintaining the angle
• Using body language during the interview
The interview arc
• What is the interview arc and how does it function?
• Staying focused during an interview
Different types of interviewing techniques
• Phone, email and face to face
• Advantages and disadvantages of each
• Adapting your interview style for each medium
• Avoiding closed answers
• Notes or recording?
• Organising your interview notes - what to use and what to throw away
• How to obtain quotes from an interview effectively and ethically
• On or off the record?
• Legal implications
The difficult interview
• How to deal with reluctant or difficult interviewees
The art of the 10 minute interview
• Getting the maximum from minimum time
• Using the Q&A profile structure
• Keeping them talking right to the end
Questions and answers
|London Bridge||£249 + VAT save £100|
|Online||£349 + VAT|
You Might Like These Too
What Do Our Learners Think About Our Courses?
Tom works in Internal Communications for an NHS service provider. Listen to his experience about attending our online Adobe Premiere Intro course.
Meija works for the MOD, in marketing and communications and here tells us about attending her online Social Media Marketing course with Alice.
Katie works for the Ministry of Defence as a Digital Content Editor and here tells us about attending her online Social Media Marketing course with Kirsty.
"Really informative and the course helped to boost my confidence"