Perfect for journalists, writers, marketers, researchers and more.
This course will teach you how to conduct an interesting and revealing interview.
SMALL COURSE SIZES | JOURNALISM EXPERTS | PROFESSIONAL TRAINING | LONDON LOCATION
|Online||£229 + VAT save £150|
|London Bridge||£379 + VAT|
Learn To Interview | Training Course
Interviews vs conversations
• How interviews and conversations differ
• Developing an effective interview technique
Preparing for an interview
• Essential preparation
• What to research and how to research it
Discovering the angle
• Choosing an angle for the interview
• Establishing credibility and building rapport
• Structuring your questions
• Maintaining the angle
• Using body language during the interview
The interview arc
• What is the interview arc and how does it function?
• Staying focused during an interview
Different types of interviewing techniques
• Phone, email and face to face
• Advantages and disadvantages of each
• Adapting your interview style for each medium
• Avoiding closed answers
• Notes or recording?
• Organising your interview notes - what to use and what to throw away
• How to obtain quotes from an interview effectively and ethically
• On or off the record?
• Legal implications
The difficult interview
• How to deal with reluctant or difficult interviewees
The art of the 10 minute interview
• Getting the maximum from minimum time
• Using the Q&A profile structure
• Keeping them talking right to the end
Questions and answers
You Might Like These Too
"Another great course at Media Training. Made me think and I have some helpful tips for making changes back in the office."