Master the technical and creative skills needed to get the best from your video camera.
Test these skills shooting a professional interview with a video expert during the course.
VIDEO EXPERTS | SMALL COURSE SIZES | PROFESSIONAL TRAINING | LONDON LOCATION
Digital Video Camera Techniques | Training Course
• The basic technical theory about video definition, frame rates and bit-rates
• Advice on what equipment you might need to purchase
• Building a pre-shoot checklist
Using the manual camera settings
• Manually setting your camera's exposure
• F-stops and aperture settings
• Depths of field and when to use it
• Shutter speed and its effects
• Camera gain and how to avoid it
• Balancing shutter speed, aperture and available light
• Exposing a difficult subject
Shot composition and framing a subject
• Correct shot composition for an interview
• Best use of available space and backgrounds
• Wide, medium and close-ups
• Examples of good/bad framing
Simple camera moves
• The importance of a good tripod
• Pans, tilts and zooms
• How to use moves effectively
• Holding a shot
• Three-point lighting
• Using a simple key-light
• Using a reflector as a fill
• Ensuring correct colour balance
• Using natural lighting
Working with sound
• Different types of microphone and which ones you need
• Positioning your mic correctly
• Getting good sound levels in your camera
• Reducing ambient noise
Shooting an interview
• Framing basics
• Basic interview techniques
• The concept of The Line
• Looking or not looking at the camera
• Shooting reverses, noddies, 2-shots and pieces to camera
• How to shoot for easier editing
Questions and answers
|London Bridge||£199 + VAT save £150|
|London Bridge||£229 + VAT save £120|
|London Bridge||£249 + VAT save £100|
|London Bridge||£279 + VAT save £70|
|London Bridge||£349 + VAT|
You Might Like These Too
What Do Our Learners Think About Our Courses?
Tom works in Internal Communications for an NHS service provider. Listen to his experience about attending our online Adobe Premiere Intro course.
Meija works for the MOD, in marketing and communications and here tells us about attending her online Social Media Marketing course with Alice.
Katie works for the Ministry of Defence as a Digital Content Editor and here tells us about attending her online Social Media Marketing course with Kirsty.
"Nicole was very knowledgeable and shared so many tips and techniques. I have learnt so much from today and cant wait to practice and come back next week :)"