Create a positive first impression and communicate effectively when using the telephone.
Learn the different set of skills required when not communicating face-to-face.
PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT EXPERTS | PROFESSIONAL TRAINING | SMALL COURSE SIZES | LONDON LOCATION
Professional Telephone Skills | Training Course
• The importance of a good telephone manner
• How different voices and tones create different impressions
• Answering incoming calls
• How to sound confident, caring and helpful
• Creating a checklists of information and questions
• Re-routing calls
Importance of first impressions
• Preparation and organisation
• Making a positive first impression
Using your voice
• Analysing your personal phone manner
• Is the speed at which you talk, your pronunciation, and the quietness or loudness of your voice correct?
• How to improve your phone manner
Making outgoing calls
• Who to ask for?
• How to introduce yourself
• How to explain the purpose of your call
• Assessing a call
• Effective but polite questioning
• Politely handling unwanted calls
Communicating by telephone
• Learning to listen - it’s not just what you say
• When to ask open or closed questions
• Understanding the varying needs of callers
• Recognising when callers are stressed or unhappy
• Dealing with difficult or unhappy people
• Building a rapport with the caller
• Use a message pad
• What information to take
• Making sure the information is accurate
• Ensuring you understand the message
• What to do if you don’t understand the message
• Ensure the message reaches the correct person
• Forwarding messages in a timely fashion
• What not to say
Questions and answers"
|Online||£349 + VAT save £100|
|Online||£399 + VAT save £50|
You Might Like These Too
What Do Our Learners Think About Our Courses?
Tom works in Internal Communications for an NHS service provider. Listen to his experience about attending our online Adobe Premiere Intro course.
Meija works for the MOD, in marketing and communications and here tells us about attending her online Social Media Marketing course with Alice.
Katie works for the Ministry of Defence as a Digital Content Editor and here tells us about attending her online Social Media Marketing course with Kirsty.
"The trainer was very knowledgeable, she gave plenty of useful examples and tips. The exercises allowed me to put the theory into practice."