Ensure that the minutes you take at meetings are clear, accurate and professional.
Learn to work with the chair, prepare the agenda, record the meeting and more.
SMALL COURSE SIZES | WRITING EXPERTS | BUSINESS TRAINING | LONDON LOCATION
Minute Taking | Training Course
• Why have meetings and why take minutes
• The difference minutes can make
• Why minutes must be clear and accurate
Becoming a minute-taker
• What is the role of a minute taker?
• Skills required by a minute taker
• The tasks of the effective minute taker
Preparation before a meeting
• The role of the chair and how to work with your chair
• Discussing the meeting with the chair before it starts
• Understanding the aim of the meeting
• Preparing the agenda
• Effective listening and understanding
• Analysing what is being said
• Taking notes and deciding what to record
• Impartial recording of the meeting and points made
• Identifying individual contributors
• Maintaining your concentration throughout the meeting
Writing up the minutes
• The difference between informal and formal minutes
• Choosing which style is appropriate for a meeting
• Transcribing your notes
• How much details to include
• Structuring the minutes
• Writing in a clear, concise style of English
• Good use of grammar and language
• When to use jargon and abbreviations
• Formatting the minutes in an easy to read and digest layout
Editing the minutes
• Assessing the minutes - what are they trying to achieve
• Ensuring the minutes are actionable
• Getting input from other attendees
• Distributing the minutes
Questions and answers
|London Bridge||£199 + VAT save £150|
|Online||£249 + VAT save £100|
|London Bridge||£299 + VAT save £50|
You Might Like These Too
What Do Our Learners Think About Our Courses?
Tom works in Internal Communications for an NHS service provider. Listen to his experience about attending our online Adobe Premiere Intro course.
Meija works for the MOD, in marketing and communications and here tells us about attending her online Social Media Marketing course with Alice.
Katie works for the Ministry of Defence as a Digital Content Editor and here tells us about attending her online Social Media Marketing course with Kirsty.
"The entire training was very useful an knowledgeable."