Create well-crafted press releases that build credibility and raise your company's profile.
Learn what's a newsworthy story and increase the amount of publicity you receive.
JOURNALISM EXPERTS | WRITING TRAINING | SMALL COURSE SIZES | LONDON LOCATION
Writing Press Releases | Training Course
How the press works and why they need PR
• The structure of modern media
• PR vs advertising
• What are the advantages of PR?
• Examples of effective press releases
• Understanding common media terminology
What is the press looking for?
• What makes a press release newsworthy?
• Which publications to target and when to target them
• Paper press releases and digital press releases
Writing press releases
• Following a standard press release outline
• Getting the timing right
• Writing a good lead paragraph
• Writing the body of a press release
• The recap
• Structuring a press release to make information easily accessible
• Selecting newsworthy information
• Writing attention-grabbing headlines
• Presenting facts
• Adding a human interest element
• How to dilute negative information
• Using photographs effectively
Understanding your target audience
• Tailoring your press release to your audience
What makes a successful press release?
• Ten tips to increase media coverage
• The press release checklist
Building press contacts
• The importance of one-to-one relationships
• Useful resources
Questions and answers
|London Bridge||£249 + VAT save £100|
|Online||£279 + VAT save £70|
|London Bridge||£299 + VAT save £50|
|Online||£349 + VAT|
|London Bridge||£349 + VAT|
You Might Like These Too
What Do Our Learners Think About Our Courses?
Tom works in Internal Communications for an NHS service provider. Listen to his experience about attending our online Adobe Premiere Intro course.
Meija works for the MOD, in marketing and communications and here tells us about attending her online Social Media Marketing course with Alice.
Katie works for the Ministry of Defence as a Digital Content Editor and here tells us about attending her online Social Media Marketing course with Kirsty.
"Helen was good at explaining and giving good, constructive feedback."